How can I be involved?
Parental support and involvement is encouraged and most welcome at Dalby South State School. Parents can be involved in the classroom with various group activities such as reading, mathematics, art or cooking. Sporting teams also rely on parents to assist.
Our tuckshop is always after volunteers to help out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you feel you have time to offer, please contact the school or the P&C Association to volunteer your services.
The Dalby South State School's Parents & Citizens Association aims to improve educational facilities, resources and to work together with the Principal and staff to foster parent/teacher co-operation and local interest in educational matters. The P&C Association provides a forum for discussion and debate on all issues relating to our school.
Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month commencing at 7.00pm with Zoom facilities available on request. This will be advertised on SkoolBag before the meeting date. Office bearers of the P&C are elected at the Annual General Meeting each year in March. Meetings are not long and all parents are encouraged to join and have input into the improvement of their child's school environment.
Membership is open to all parents and interested citizens. All members of the P&C Association must be registered (one registration is sufficient for the duration of your involvement with the school) and an official register is kept. There is no cost involved.
Registration fulfils the requirements of our "Voluntary Workers Insurance".
Other fundraising events are held throughout the year. Proceeds from fundraising have been used in the past to provide the school with:
- upgrade of tuckshop
- a shade structure over the assembly area between the two main blocks
- underground grey water reticulation system on the oval
- air-conditioning in classrooms
- numerous sound-field systems in classrooms
- outdoor space sensory garden project
- softfall cover for playground equipment areas
- resources such as books, games and computers for students
- sponsorship of students for major sporting achievements
- sponsorship for various school excursions
P&C Officer Bearers for 2022 (through to March 20, 2023)
- President - Mrs Jen Tunley
- Vice President - Mr Brett Atkins
- Secretary - Ms Rachelle Ryan
- Treasurer - Mrs Michelle Lamari
- Tuckshop Convenor - Mrs Raelene Akers
Proposed Meeting Dates in 2023
- 20 February 2023
- 20 March 2023 (Annual General Meeting)
- 17 April 2023
- 15 May 2023
- 19 June 2023
- 17 July 2023
- 21 August 2023
- 16 October 2023
- 20 November 2023
If you would like a copy of minutes from meetings please email our P&C using the following email address. email@example.com
Information about our P&C and meeting minutes can also be found in the P&C folder on our SkoolBag app.